Financial Aid Advisor Program (FAAP)
Find you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r Financial Aid Advisor
The Financial Aid Advisor Program (FAAP), sponsored by the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS), is designed to help high school students and their parents locate financial aid for post-secondary education. All WCPSS high schools have a Financial Aid Advisor who works one day a week in the school student services centers with students and their families looking for funds to meet the costs of higher education. FAAP has been very successful in guiding students and their families through the financial aid process, serving more than 9,000 students each year.
- Individual Assistance - Senior students can receive help on finding, applying for and obtaining financial aid from federal and state sources as well as individual institutions.
- Financial Aid Workshops - Advisors participate in workshops for students and families in conjunction with high school counselors and Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs) or Parent Teacher Student Associations (PTSAs).
- Financial Aid Resources - Advisors have print materials and online resources that can help with the financial aid process.
August – June
Search for scholarship opportunities. Check with colleges/universities and their financial aid offices. Be alert to scholarship information found in you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r high school scholarship bulletins and on the WCPSS scholarship website www.scholarshipplus.com/wake.
September – April
Meet with you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r school financial aid advisor for information about the financial aid process. Get you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), which is available anytime and required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA, available online October 1.
September – December
Determine Important Deadlines
- North Carolina Deadline - As soon as possible after October 1. Awards made until funds are depleted.
- Federal Deadline - Online applications must be submitted by midnight Central Time on June 30 of the year the student graduates. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 15 after the student graduates high school.
- College Deadline - Check with the college(s) you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗 are interested in attending. You may also want to ask you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r college about its definition of an application deadline - whether it is the date the college receives you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r FAFSA, or the date you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r FAFSA is processed.
October – February
Attend college fairs and financial aid workshops. Use the Residency Determination Service (RDS) to determine residency in NC to qualify for in-state tuition and to establish eligibility for state grants.
November – May
Watch for a Student Aid Report (SAR) after completing the FAFSA. (3 -5 days up to 2 weeks depending on how you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗 submitted you鸿运彩票是正规平台吗r form). Watch for award letters and other correspondences from college financial aid offices regarding eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Information adapted from Princeton Review Online
What is financial aid?
When do I apply?
How do I apply?
How often do I need to apply?
What is the process once I’ve applied?
What if the package isn’t enough?
What does it really cost to go to college?
- FAFSA application online:
- Wake County Schools Scholarship Website:
- College Foundation:
- Federal student aid info & publications:
- The College Board:
- NC Residency Determination Service:
Go to college and university websites for specific scholarships and financial aid information for that institution.